Money Market Checking Accounts (MMAs)
Earn a premium yield without tying up your cash. This money management tool keeps your funds liquid and flexible while strengthening the earning potential of your hard-earned money. Write a check or transfer funds as needed to your other University Credit Union accounts with a low $500.00 minimum withdrawal per transaction.
For as little as $500.00 you can buy a certificate in a term from 91 days up to five years. Interest is paid and compounded monthly.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Our regular IRA deposit accounts offer a number of features not found elsewhere, such as quarterly rate changes to protect you from inflation, the convenience of payroll deduction and NO fees or charges. In addition, your deposit could be tax-deductible (consult with your tax advisor). IRAs are separately insured by the NCUSIF to $250,000.00.
IRA Share Certificates
For as little as $500, you are guaranteed a fixed rate for the term of the certificate. Terms are 1 year, 2 year, 3year and 5 years. Dividends are paid and compounded monthly.
Start an IRA Now for Maximum Retirement Comfort
Choose from our traditional (deductible) IRAs, Roth IRAs and Coverdell Education Savings Account- all of which earn tax-deferred interest. University Credit Union offers the same excellent rates and terms on Roth and Traditional IRAs as we do for our share certificates for 1 year and over.
- Make annual contributions up to $5,500.00 ($6,500.00 if you're age 50 or older) per person for individuals with earned income and modified adjusted gross incomes under $95,000, or $150,000 for couples.
- Tax-free withdrawals (distributions) are allowed after five years if:
- You are older than 59-1/2;
- You become permanently disabled
- Penalty free before 5 years for first time home purchase (Taxes due on earnings only)
Traditional IRA CDs and Share Accounts
- Your annual contribution may reduce your taxable income.*
- Same great rates and maturity options as our regular CDs for 1 year and over.
- Penalty-free distributions are now allowed for qualified education expenses or a first-time home purchase. Withdrawals must begin when you reach the age of 70-1/2
*Consult your tax advisor for specific IRS guidelines.
Coverdell Educational Savings Account
Educational Savings Accounts are specifically designed to help you establish college funds for your children. Save up to $2000 per year, per child, and the earnings grow tax-free.
Consult your tax advisor for specific IRS guidelines. Members should be aware that tax penalties might apply to certain withdrawals from IRA accounts.
Savings & Money Market Transfer Limitations
No more than six (6) automatic or telephone transfers may be made from your Money Market or any Savings Accounts to another account of yours or to a third party in any month made by check, draft, debit/check card or similar order and payable to third parties.