empty text

empty text

Visa Debit Lost/Stolen/Disputes


Q:  What should I do if I have Visa Debit Card fraud on my account?

A:  University Credit Union Debit Card fraud disputes are handled at any of our seven locations. You must notify us immediately if you believe your card has been compromised by calling the telephone number(s) listed below.

  • University Credit Union Call Center at 786-425-5000 or 800-230-4832 outside Miami-Dade county. (Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm)
  • Visa debit card services at 800-472-3272

Members must tell us within (2) business days of your loss or theft of their card or card information. The information must be submitted no later then 60 days after receipt of the statement on which the fraud occurred.

  • Locate the item(s) on their statement.
  • Complete all forms required to file a fraud claim located at our branches; all forms must be completed, notarized and signed.
  • Date of the transaction.
  • Name on the transaction and the exact amount of the dispute.
  • An explanation of why the charge is disputed. A statement that the member did not make or authorize the transaction is required .
  • Provisional credit will be issued and a new card will be generated. The new card should arrive within seven (7) to ten (10) business days and new PIN will follow and should be received four (4) business days later for security purposes.

Members who are unable to come to a branch must contact our call center. All forms will be faxed to the member and must be completed, signed and notarized with copy of  proper ID(driver license or passport). The forms must be faxed back to the call center at 305-253-4124.

Upon receipt of the dispute a letter will generate acknowledging receipt of the dispute information. Additional information may be requested. Correspondence from FCUL will include time frames which must be met for a favorable resolution.


Q:  What should I do if I have a Debit Card dispute?

A:  University Credit Union disputes are handled at any of our seven locations and or our Call Center.

  • Member must complete dispute form
  • Debit card account number
  • Date of the transaction
  • Name on the transaction and the exact amount of the dispute
  • An explanation of why the charge is disputed, including that the member did not make or authorize the transaction is required

All forms and any additional information such as receipts or any correspondence with a merchant must be promptly submitted to University Credit Union for processing.           

Upon receipt of the dispute University Credit Union will generate a letter acknowledging receipt, include their Customer Service 786-425-5000 for follow up.


Q:  What should I do if my University Credit Union Debit Card is lost or stolen?

A:  Immediately call 1.800.472.3272 to block the Debit Card from use.  You may call University Credit Union weekdays 8 am to 5 pm (excluding holidays) at 786.425.5000 and confirm we have your current address on file to send a replacement Debit Card. Please, carefully review your statement for any fraudulent charges. 

Copyright © 2018 University Credit Union  13241 S.W. 136 St, Miami, FL 33186